The FPCC Heritage Program works to equip First Nations communities and organizations in B.C. with the resources needed to steward their heritage, now and into the future.
Are you a B.C. First Nation or a B.C. First Nations-led organization working to safeguard your heritage practices and spaces? We are now accepting applications for all FPCC Heritage grants and programs.
For information on how to apply and to view the program guidelines, please click on each program title below.
To support applicants, we are hosting info sessions to review each program, application requirements and to answer any questions. Register today!
Current Heritage Program funding opportunities
- Register HERE for the info session on April 11, 2023 at 11 a.m.
- Up to $25,000 to support projects that weave together arts, languages and heritage
- Application deadline: June 23, 2023
- Register HERE for the info session on April 12, 2023 at 2 p.m.
- $100,000 – $250,000 to support projects that conserve, repair or develop Indigenous cultural heritage infrastructure
- Application deadline: extended to May 5, 2023
Heritage Stewardship Program (HSP)
Provides support for B.C. First Nations to be the stewards of and experts on their own heritage. Applicants may apply for up to three of the four streams below in one application.
- Register HERE for the info session on April 25, 2023 at noon.
- Climate Change – up to $25,000 to explore how communities are experiencing and responding to climate change.
- Digitization and Archiving – up to $25,000 to digitize or archive existing heritage records.
- Oral History and Protocols – up to $25,000 to engage Elders and Knowledge Keepers in sharing their stories and contributing to documenting Indigenous laws, protocols and ways of knowing.
- Sense of Place – up to $25,000 to safeguard sensitive and significant cultural landscapes, places and sites.
- Application deadline: May 16, 2023
Applicant organizations must have a mandate or focus that includes B.C. First Nations
’ heritage. Eligible organizations include:
- B.C. First Nations bands or tribal councils
- Not-for-profit societies registered in B.C. in good standing and governed by B.C. First Nations individuals (at least 75% of directors identify as B.C. First Nations)
- B.C. First Nations-led museums and cultural spaces (at least 75% of directors identify as B.C. First Nations)
- Urban and off-reserve B.C. First Nations organizations (at least 75% of directors identify as B.C. First Nations)
- B.C. First Nations schools or adult education centres operating in B.C. on First Nations lands (Applications from First Nations schools that serve one community must be submitted through their respective Nation/Band Office)
How to apply
FPCC Heritage Program applications will be accepted using the FPCC Grant Portal.
For more information about each program, how to apply and to read the application, please click on each program above.
We are here to provide support
If you need support choosing which grant to apply for or have questions about how to apply, please contact the related program contact.
- Explore the Heritage Stewardship Toolkit here
- Read community stories about Heritage grant recipients here
- View Heritage resources here
- Learn more about the Heritage Program here
- View all current FPCC funding opportunities here