FPCC’s Indigenous Arts Grants are now accepting applications!
Select grants in the Indigenous Arts Program (IAP) and Indigenous Music Initiative (IMI) are now accepting applications from Indigenous residents of B.C. for the Fall 2021 funding intake.
IAP supports a variety of artistic expressions that reflects our cultures and identities. IMI supports the participation of Indigenous music industry professionals and builds the capacity of B.C.’s Indigenous music industry through knowledge transfer, skill development and the creation of new business opportunities. Indigenous arts grants are for individual artists, arts professionals, organizations and collectives.
Learn more about each grant below!
The deadline to apply is September 30, 2021 at 11:59 pm PST
- Individual Artists – Up to $10,000 to support Indigenous artists to increase their skills and knowledge through mentorship and training, pursue new approaches or techniques in their practice, gain recognition from their peers, develop a history of public presentation, or devote more time to their artistic practice.
- Sharing Traditional Arts – Up to $15,000 to support Indigenous artists, arts and culture organizations, or established Indigenous arts collectives to pass on traditional arts skills and knowledge through generations, including all art forms – visual, music, dance and story.
- Arts Administrator Internships – Up to $30,000 to support internship and training opportunities for an individual collaborating with a cultural organization and/or qualified mentor(s). Activities could include organizing workshops, events or other arts activities, community-based research and planning, arts and culture facilitation, curatorial practice in a gallery or museum and more.
- Community Arts Spaces – Up to $35,000 to support Indigenous arts organizations and collectives in B.C. to develop Indigenous arts and culture workspaces that support the transmission of arts skills and knowledge through all artforms.
- Indigenous Music Recording Industry – Up to $30,000 to support Indigenous recording engineers to broaden knowledge, skills, networking and business opportunities within the B.C. music industry.
- Applications are accepted from Indigenous (status, non-status, Métis and Inuit) artists, organizations and collectives located in B.C.
- All applicants must read and agree to follow the FPCC COVID-19 Guidelines for Programs.
- For more information, eligibility and guidelines please click on each program above.
Applications are open now until September 30, 2021 at 11:59 pm PST
We would greatly appreciate it if you would support this opportunity by sharing this message with your contacts. Download Poster
How to Apply
FPCC Arts Program applications will be accepted using the FPCC Grant Portal. For more information about each program, how to apply and to read the application, please click on each program above.
We are here to provide support
If you need assistance using the grant portal, understanding the guidelines and completing the application, please contact Hilary Strang, Arts Program Associate, via email at email@example.com
Connect with Us
To receive FPCC news and funding announcements, please sign up for our email list here.
To view all current FPCC funding opportunities please visit our Grants page.