We are now accepting applications for FPCC Heritage grants and programs from B.C.-based organizations that have a focus that includes B.C. First Nations heritage.
Are you working to safeguard your heritage practices and spaces? FPCC’s Heritage Program supports First Nations communities in B.C. to protect their cultures and heritage through grants, resources, programs and opportunities to bring people together to share knowledge.
FPCC is accepting applications for heritage programs and grants. For information on how to apply and to view the program guidelines, please click on each program title below.
To support arts grants applicants, we hosted and recorded information sessions to review each program, application requirements and to answer any questions. Please click the headings below to view the program specific information session!
Current Heritage Program funding opportunities
- Register HERE for the information session on August 30, 2022, from 11 a.m.–12 p.m. PST
- Up to $25,000 to support projects that weave together arts, languages and heritage
- Application deadline: October 7, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. PST
- Register HERE for the information session on August 17, 2022, from 11 a.m.–12 p.m. PST
- $100,000 – $250,000 to support projects that conserve, repair or develop Indigenous cultural heritage infrastructure
- Application deadline: October 21, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. PST
NEW! Heritage Stewardship Program (HSP)
Provides training and support for Indigenous people to be the stewards of and experts on their own heritage. Applicants may apply for up to three of the four streams below in one application.
- Register HERE for the information session on August 25, 2022, from 11 a.m.–12 p.m. PST
- Climate Change – up to $25,000 to explore how communities are experiencing and responding to climate change in the context of Indigenous cultural heritage protection and revitalization
- Digitization and Archiving – up to $25,000 to digitize or archive existing cultural heritage records, which may include maps, audio and video recordings, transcripts, photos, illustrations, books and other culturally important materials
- Oral History and Protocols – up to $25,000 to engage Elders and Knowledge Keepers in sharing their stories and contributing to documenting Indigenous laws, protocols and ways of knowing.
- Sense of Place – up to $25,000 to safeguard sensitive and significant cultural landscapes, places and sites
- Application deadline: October 14, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. PST
Applicant organizations must have a mandate or focus that includes B.C. First Nations
’ heritage. Eligible organizations include:
- B.C. First Nations bands or tribal councils
- Not-for-profit societies registered in B.C. in good standing and governed by B.C. First Nations individuals (at least 51% of directors identify as First Nations)
- B.C. First Nations-led museums and cultural spaces (at least 51% of directors identify as First Nations)
- Urban and off-reserve B.C. First Nations organizations (at least 51% of directors identify as First Nations)
- B.C. First Nations schools or adult education centres operating in B.C. on First Nations lands (Applications from First Nations schools that serve one community must be submitted through their respective Nation/Band Office)
How to apply
FPCC Heritage Program applications will be accepted using the FPCC Grant Portal.
For more information about each program, how to apply and to read the application, please click on each program above.
We are here to provide support
If you need any assistance in choosing which grant to apply for or have questions about how to apply, please contact the related program contact.
We would greatly appreciate it if you would support this opportunity by sharing this message with your contacts. Download Poster!
- Read community stories about Heritage grant recipients here
- View Heritage resources here
- Learn more about the Heritage Program here
- View all current FPCC funding opportunities here