FPCC Heritage Program Grants are now accepting applications!
The Heritage Program supports the revitalization of Indigenous cultural heritage for First Nations in British Columbia. Select grants in the Heritage Program are now accepting applications for the Fall 2021 funding intake. These grants provide funding for organizations. See below to learn more about online information sessions for these grants.
- Up to $2,000 for organizations to support the performance, preservation and/or sharing of Indigenous heritage, to increase knowledge sharing with Elders, or to assist in developing cultural heritage skills in Indigenous communities.
- Up to $3,000 for organizations to support the recording of oral histories focused on how Indigenous communities and individuals survived and lived through difficult times in the past.
- Training to grant recipients on conducting, recording and transcribing oral history interviews.
- Applications are accepted from organizations that have a mandate or focus which includes Indigenous heritage in B.C. and must be:
- A B.C. First Nation band or tribal council; OR
- A not-for-profit registered in B.C. in good standing and governed by Indigenous individuals (at least 51% of Directors identify as Indigenous); OR
- A First Nation school or adult education centre operating in B.C.
- All applicants must read and agree to follow the FPCC COVID-19 Guidelines for Programs.
- For more information, eligibility and guidelines please click on each program above.
We are currently accepting applications for both programs.
Indigenous Cultural Heritage Micro-Grants: the deadline to apply is August 31, 2021.
Oral Histories Program: the deadline to apply is September 14, 2021.
Project final reports for both programs are due February 15, 2022.
Online Information Sessions
We will provide an overview presentation of the program, eligible costs, how to apply and key things to consider when applying. After the presentation, there will be a Q&A period. Please note: These grants are only open to organizations and will be held on Zoom. If you’re interested in participating, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thursday August 5 from 10:30am to 11:30am
Indigenous Cultural Heritage Micro-Grants Webinar
- Wednesday August 18 from 10:30-11:30am
Oral Histories Grant Webinar
For more information about each program, how to apply and to read the guidelines, please click on each program above.
We would greatly appreciate it if you would support this opportunity by sharing this message with your contacts. Download Poster
We are here to provide support
If you need assistance using the grant portal, understanding the guidelines and completing the application, please contact Kym Jones, Cultural Heritage Associate, via email at email@example.com.
Connect with Us
To receive FPCC news and funding announcements, please sign up for our email list here.
To view all current FPCC funding opportunities please visit our Grants page.